29ers – CAVES BEACH OLD LIFESAVERS
The club will be forming an Old Lifesavers social club this season as we celebrate 85 years of surf lifesaving at Caves.
In recognition of our past and the formation of our club in 1929, this band of qualifying old lifesavers will be known as the 29ers.
An invitation is extended to all male and female members to become a 29er, who have achieved:
- The age of 40 years or older
- A minimum of 5 years membership of Caves or any surf lifesaving club across all membership categories including active and/or associate status.
- Actively support the camaraderie and friendship of all club members
- Maintain the bond of past active members
- Host events to raise funds and provide opportunities for the fellowship of members.
- Pass on and contribute our collective knowledge and experience to younger and present members.
- Continue our club traditions in honour of those before us and in support of those who follow.
To get things started, the club is planning a 29ers inaugural luncheon and memorabilia afternoon on Sunday 2nd November.
For those willing there will be a morning swim and cuppa at the beach, followed by a luncheon upstairs in the auditorium.
A display of club memorabilia will be open to all members and friends in the downstairs bar from 2.p.m.
You can purchase your 29ers luncheon tickets from Al Wallace or Darryl Hadfield.
The tickets will cost $50 for 29ers and include a 2 course lunch plus an inaugural Caves Beach 29ers tie for the men and 29ers scarf for the women.
Partners of the 29ers can also attend at a cost of $30 for the lunch.
We are asking for all club members to spread the word and encourage all past members to come back to the club on the 2nd November, meet up with old friends and re live their patrolling and competition days.
Get a group together and book a table.
Berts collection of old movies will be rolling and we will have a guest speaker on the day.
The focus of this event is to bring current and past members to the club. At this time, ticket sales are limited to those who qualify as a 29er and their partners.
If we still have available tickets closer to the day, these will be made available to any interested members.
For more information or to purchase your tickets, contact
Al Wallace 0448 436 063 or Darryl Hadfield 0409 180 931
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carry on Caves Beach Carry on!