Terms and Conditions
Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club Inc. operates the Ocean Views at Caves function centre.
Hirers of the club’s function facilities are required to enter into an agreement with Caves Beach SLSC, under which they are bound by the following terms and conditions. Acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes a legally binding contract between the hirer and Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club Inc.
Hall Hire Fees, Deposits, Security Bond and Bar Staff
- All hirers are required to complete and sign a Function Booking form when booking the hall for a function.
- A deposit of $250.00 (hall) and $250.00 (caterer) is payable to confirm the booking. Your booking is not confirmed until the club has received these deposits and the completed, signed booking agreement.
- Please forward your signed booking agreement to Caves Beach SLSC at PO Box 46, Swansea NSW 2281, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deposits and payments can be paid by cheque, direct bank deposit, or via a secure online credit card facility. Payment details are on the booking form and invoices from the club.
- An invoice for the balance of your function room hire and bond will be sent 90 days prior to the function date. All monies are due 60 days prior to your function. Payments for bar packages and bar staff are required 14 days prior to the function.
- The bond will be returned to the hirer within seven days of the function, provided the hiring conditions were met. The hirer will be issued with an invoice for excess damages should breakage or damage to the premises or surrounding club areas exceed the amount of the bond. Note it may take some time for quotes to be obtained and damage to be rectified.
- Rates: The venue hire fee is $800.00 for Saturday and Sunday nights as well as Public Holidays, and $650.00 for Friday nights. The club’s lawn area in front of the clubhouse may be booked for ceremonies at an additional charge of $200.00. All amounts quoted include GST. The cost for family functions, corporate and community events may be negotiated on an individual basis. Discounts apply for current financial members of the club, including life members.
- Two bar staff are required for all functions.
- In the event of a cancellation, the following fees are payable. More than 90 days prior to the function: an administration fee of $50.00 will apply. Less than 90 days prior to the function: the full deposit and any payments will be forfeited – only the bond will be refunded, less the $50.00 administration fee.
- Hire fees include normal preparation and cleaning afterwards. However, if abnormal or excessive cleaning is required following the function, an additional cleaning fee of $50.00 per hour will be withheld from the bond.
- Confetti, bean bag fill, blue tac, sticky tape, drawing pins and the like are prohibited in the building and surrounding areas.
- Balloons are not to be released in the area due to environmental impact.
- Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club is a non-smoking venue. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the clubhouse or the enclosed licensed area between the clubhouse and the beach.
- Hirers and guests and required to comply with applicable health and safety laws and regulations.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure all guests are familiar with the Evacuation Plan in the event of an emergency. The evacuation plan diagram and instructions are located near the entrance to the function room.
Club Bar and the purchase and serving of alcohol at functions
- Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club has an on-premises liquor license. Alcohol may not be brought anywhere into the club’s licensed area.
- Alcohol may only be consumed within the Function Hall or adjoining balcony. Alcohol and glasses may not be taken outside the building.
- Caves Beach SLSC is responsible for ensuring that all laws relating to the Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) are adhered to.
- Under no circumstances is alcohol to be supplied to persons on the premises who are under 18 years of age.
- Only current members of Caves Beach SLSC who possess current RSA certification are permitted to work in the club’s bar areas. Qualified bar staff for functions will be supplied by Acqua Blu Catering.
- Under the Responsible Service of Alcohol law, bar staff have the right to refuse service to a guest if deemed necessary. If a person is refused service, under the Responsible Service of Alcohol law that person MUST leave the premises immediately. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure this is complied with without delay or resistance.
- Last drinks will be called at 11:00pm. No drinks will be served after 11:15pm. Guests must vacate the premises before 12:00am midnight.
Hire Equipment and Access for Setup
- The Function Centre Hire includes the use of the hall, 138 chairs, 15 round tables, 6 rectangular tables, 6 small tables, the balcony and the use of the bar.
- The bar is fully equipped with beer and soft drink glasses and tap beer facilities. Breakages will be charged at $2.00 per glass.
- The Function Centre is available from 10:00am for a 3-hour period on the day of the function for set-up, by agreement with Caves Beach SLSC. The function centre may be available for set-up on the single day prior to the date of the function if it is not in use at the time.
- Fire regulations impose strict limitations on the use of candles within the clubhouse. Please contact the club for guidelines.
- Unless a prior agreement has been made with the Club, decorations and all personal items, including hired equipment, must be removed when vacating the hall.
- Beyond usual security measures, which include a monitored alarm system and daily security patrols, Caves Beach SLSC is not responsible for the safekeeping of any items the hirer brings onto the premises or leaves on the premises following the function.
- Following the function, the hall must be left in an orderly, safe and secure condition.
Restricted Functions and Rejection of Applications to Hire
- Caves Beach SLSC reserves the right to reject applications to hire without providing reason.
- The function centre may not be hired for illegal purposes, 18th birthday parties, or private functions broadly advertised on social media.
- 21st birthday parties may be permitted at the club’s discretion.
- The club reserves the right to refuse or terminate youth-focused functions in the event of unacceptable behaviour and failure of the following conditions:
- a. The hirer must demonstrate strong supervisory arrangements for the duration of the function.
- b. Maximum 100 guests, by formal invitation only (no word-of-mouth invitations or social media promotion).
- c. The hirer is to employ professional security guards for the duration of the function.
Members’ Discount (Hall Hire Only)
- Current financial members with at least three years’ membership duration, and their immediate families, are entitled to a 20% discount on hall hire only.
- Life Members who maintain current membership protocol, and their immediate families, are entitled to a 25% discount on hall hire only.
- Members wishing to organise a function for the purposes of an internal club group or section must apply to the club.
- Function prices will be charged for bar service.
- Any complaints regarding the event facilities or services must be made to the club in writing within seven days following the function date.
- Please address any concerns to email@example.com
Tony Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org– 0437 400 858
Donna Smith – 0478 064 830